HEAD OF DATA SCIENCE - R&D
Harnham is working with a leading online company. You will join as the Head of Data Science and come in and build up a data science expert team and develop a strategy to develop next level analytics and algorithms for buying processes.
You will have significant influence in defining the data science road-map, driving smarter decisions through the use of cutting-edge analysis (machine learning/deep learning methodologies).
This is a fantastic data-driven organisation and your work will directly impact upon the success of the company!
THE ROLE - Head of Data Science - R&D
You will be:
- Researching cutting-edge machine learning methodologies to tackle real-world problems for the business in the area of supply analytics
- Develop next level analytics and algorithms for buying and re-ordering assortment, in particular, predictive buying models
- Work together with the market research and customer insights team to leverage the customer base and knowledge for buying decisions through surveys, audience analytics, basket analyses, etc.
- Develop and maintain predictive models and perform complex analyses on the basis of their massive customer and sales data, using data mining, statistical tools, and artificial intelligence/machine learning
- Planning future application of the company into different verticals
- Build up and be a mentor for a highly qualified team of data scientist
SKILLS AND EXPERTISE - Head of Data Science- R&D
To be considered for this position you must have the following:
- An MSc or ideally Ph.D. in a quantitative discipline (e.g. Machine Learning, Mathematics etc.)
- Several years of professional hands-on machine learning experience with Python or R
- An interest in using cutting-edge research to solve real-world problems
- Experience of delivering high-impact projects within a commercial environment
- Leadership experience and you are able to recruit, coach, motivate and develop people
- You have experience with big data, predictive models, and mining of large data sources
- A passion for driving significant value through the use of data science
- Excellent communication skills in English
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please submit your details using the Apply button on this page. For more information about similar roles please contact Judith Merz at Harnham.
€160000 - €180000 per annum
Python, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Data Science, Big Data, AI, Supply Analytics